AMWA currently offers two membership categories: Ordinary and Affiliate. Read on to learn about the benefits of membership.
Why join AMWA?
- To keep informed with developments and activities in the medical writing arena through the AMWA website and regular e-mail newsletters
- Opportunities for networking and contact with peers through the annual conference and state-based events
- Job opportunities via the freelance list on the AMWA website
- The Professional Development Program, designed specifically for our members
- Join AHMEN, our new group for journal editors
Please note: the writings of members are not necessarily the beliefs of the group and AMWA assumes no responsibility for opinions expressed or any resultant outcome.
Who can join?
Membership is open to anyone interested in health and medical communications, and there are two categories of membership.
Ordinary Members: $80/year
Ordinary Members are writers who specialise in the following types of writing:
- Medical editor
- Medical writer
- Academic writer/researcher
- Technical or regulatory writer
- Writer for a health peak body
The benefits of Ordinary Membership include:
- Listing on Freelance list on website; access to mentoring; joining the AMWA forum on Facebook; membership discounts to conference, workshops and other events; AMWA newsletter and AMWA email broadcasts, and; eligibility to apply for the AMWA award.
Affiliate Members: $60/year
Medical writers who work in public relations or for commercial organisations promoting products and services can apply for affiliate membership. Affiliate members have limited benefits of membership. Affiliate membership is also available as an option for full-time students and people who are unemployed and do not want the full benefits of membership.
The benefits of Affiliate Membership include:
- Membership discount to conference, workshops and other events; AMWA newsletter; AMWA email broadcasts
If you are unsure into which category of membership to apply for, contact the secretary who will be happy to discuss this with you.
Renew your membership
If you’re a current member, you can easily renew your membership online now >