MEMBERS AREA MEMBERS AREA

About Me

I am the editor of the Australian Diabetes Educator, chair of the editorial advisory group for the Australian Diabetes Educator, a longstanding member the editorial board for Diabetes Management Journal, a member of the Guideline Development Group for the PCOS International Evidence-Based Guidelines and the PCOS Centre for Research Excellence (CRE) Translation Committee, and a fellow and board member of the Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine. I was also a member of the working parties developing the current evidence-based guidelines for the diagnosis and management of PCOS and type 1 diabetes in Australia.

I write regularly for Diabetic Living Magazine and The Limbic Diabetes Educator, provided website content for the Australian Diabetes Council for more than 5 years, and have published articles in a number of other consumer publications and medical journals on the topics of diabetes, vegetarian and plant-based diets, PCOS, insulin resistance, glycemic index and pregnancy. I also speak regularly on these topics to both health professionals and consumers and am a guest lecturer on PCOS at The University of Sydney.

I am the co-author of The Low GI Guide to Managing PCOS, The Low GI Vegetarian Cookbook, Low GI Gluten-Free Living and The Bump to Baby Diet, and have contributed the dietary chapters to several textbooks on the topics of PCOS, pregnancy, glycemic index and vegetarian/plant-based diets. I am the recipient of the DAA Young Achievers Award, was a NSW finalist in the 2006 Telstra Business Women’s Awards, was awarded the DAA Joan Woodhill Prize for Excellent in Research – Doctorate Award for my PhD study on low GI diets for women with PCOS and have recently been awarded the inaugural ADEA National CDE of the Year.

Qualifications:

PhD (Nutrition), M Nutr Diet, BSc, Grad Cert Diab Edn & Mgt

Writer Categories:

Clinician.  Consumer Education.  Writer. 

Specialty Topics:

Diabetes.  Nutrition.  Pregnancy.  Women's Health. 

Contact Details:

kate@drkatemarsh.com.au

Profile Shot: Kate Marsh

Kate Marsh

Back to Directory Back to Directory

Member Spotlight - Michael Molloy-Bland

Michael gained his PhD at Otago University and then secured a postdoctoral research position at the University of Oxford. He is currently working as Scientific Director in the Melbourne office of Oxford PharmaGenesis, working remotely from New Zealand. His role mainly involves overseeing strategy and content development for scientific publications across several client accounts.
He shares more about his journey, and some very wise insights and words of advice, on our Member Spotlight page.

Read more Read more