MEMBERS AREA MEMBERS AREA

About Me

Dunedin, Aotearoa New Zealand
I have been writing educational articles for health professionals in primary care for more than a decade. My aim is to provide succinct clinical guidance that is patient-centred and backed by the best available evidence. Long-term conditions and reducing disparities in healthcare outcomes are my principal areas of interest.
I am also an experienced medical editor and have been involved in the production of numerous prescribing reports and clinical audits. My AMWA membership began in 2012 and I have been on the Executive Committee since 2016.
I am always open to new ideas and happy to discuss any potential project big, small or out of left field!

Dunedin, Aotearoa New Zealand

Qualifications:

BSc (Hons I) - neuroscience

Experience:

Medical writer at bpacnz (2011-2020)
Acting Managing Editor bpacnz (2016)
Freelance medical writer (2020-present)
Member AMWA Executive Committee (2016-present)

Writer Categories:

Consumer Education.  Writer.  Health Professional Education.  Proofreading. 

Specialty Topics:

Chronic Health Conditions.  Evidence-based Medicine.  GP Education. 

Contact Details:

caswell.md@gmail.com

Profile Shot: Mark Caswell

Mark Caswell

Back to Directory Back to Directory

Member Spotlight - Michael Molloy-Bland

Michael gained his PhD at Otago University and then secured a postdoctoral research position at the University of Oxford. He is currently working as Scientific Director in the Melbourne office of Oxford PharmaGenesis, working remotely from New Zealand. His role mainly involves overseeing strategy and content development for scientific publications across several client accounts.
He shares more about his journey, and some very wise insights and words of advice, on our Member Spotlight page.

Read more Read more