MEMBERS AREA MEMBERS AREA

About Me

Brisbane
I am one of Australia's best known GP educators and medical writers, having worked independently in that field since 1996, soon after graduating in medicine at Melbourne Uni.
I have led dozens of medical writing projects for national health organisations. I work part-time as a GP and dedicate the other half to medical education, editing and writing. I am the senior Medical Educator with RACGP Qld, responsible for upskilling 1000+ GP Supervisors; I teach the teachers.
I currently co-edit the largest-selling medical textbook in Australia's history (Murtagh's General Practice), and am past editor and current Editorial Board member of a medical journal (DMJ).
I have been a newspaper and magazine columnist for 20 years, including various humorous columns, and have published more than 1500 articles.
I am a medical podcaster who is invited to speak at around 15 medical events each year, and am regularly interviewed on radio.
I am a life member of AMWA, having served on its committee for many years, including five as AMWA President.

Brisbane

Qualifications:

MBBS (1992, Uni of Melbourne), FRACGP (1996), MPH (2010, Qld Uni)

Experience:

Almost 3 decades of writing, editing, speaking, workshops, webinars, podcasts, radio, panel facilitation

Writer Categories:

Clinician.  Consumer Education.  Doctor.  Editor.  Patient Information.  Public Speaker.  Researcher.  Writer.  Health Professional Education. 

Specialty Topics:

Public Health.  Aboriginal Health.  Evidence-based Medicine.  GP Education.  Humour.  Medical Editing.  Transparency.  Population Health. 

Contact Details:

colross@tpg.com.au

Profile Shot: Justin Coleman

Justin Coleman

Back to Directory Back to Directory

AMWA Health Literacy

October is Health Literacy month! Check out the blog by AMWA Executive Committee member, Sophia Auld.

Read more Read more