MEMBERS AREA MEMBERS AREA

About Me

I am one of Australia's best known GP educators and medical writers, having worked independently in that field for 25 years, since soon after graduating from Melbourne Uni.
I have led dozens of medical writing projects for national health organisations, and for many years have had the luxury of not actively looking for writing or editing work, because it comes to me. I work half-time as a GP and dedicate the other half to medical education, editing and writing.
I currently co-edit the largest-selling medical textbook in Australia's history (Murtagh's General Practice), and am the sole editor of a medical journal (DMJ).
I have been a newspaper and magazine columnist for 20 years - currently I write a humorous column on the back page of each Medical Observer.
I am invited to speak at around 20 medical events each year, and am regularly interviewed on radio, and occasionally on TV.
I was on the AMWA committee for many years and was its President for five.
In 2019 I left Australia's south east hub and began an offshore adventure as a GP on Bathurst Island, serving the local Tiwi community.

Writer Categories:

Clinician.  Consumer Education.  Doctor.  Editor.  Public Speaker.  Researcher.  Writer. 

Specialty Topics:

Aboriginal Health.  Evidence-based Medicine.  GP Education.  Humour.  Medical Editing.  Transparency. 

Contact Details:

colross@tpg.com.au

Profile Shot: Justin Coleman

Justin Coleman

Back to Directory Back to Directory

Member Spotlight - Michael Molloy-Bland

Michael gained his PhD at Otago University and then secured a postdoctoral research position at the University of Oxford. He is currently working as Scientific Director in the Melbourne office of Oxford PharmaGenesis, working remotely from New Zealand. His role mainly involves overseeing strategy and content development for scientific publications across several client accounts.
He shares more about his journey, and some very wise insights and words of advice, on our Member Spotlight page.

Read more Read more