MEMBERS AREA MEMBERS AREA

About Me

Brisbane, QLD, Australia
I am a PhD-trained epidemiologist with over 15 years’ experience researching women’s cancers. I am passionate about clarity and accuracy in medical writing, and ethics in science. During my academic career I taught courses in genetic epidemiology and clinical trials, and authored over 50 peer-reviewed publications, many in high-impact journals. As a medical writer I have written peer review articles for pharmaceutical companies, and academic and government health organizations. I have also written medical media releases, and crafted content from webinar presentations for publication. I edit manuscripts and grants for leading academic institutions, and write blogs on health and research methodology topics that aim to ‘unfog’ the science. Visit my website to see my latest post, or contact me today at sharon@sugarapple.net.au

Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Qualifications:

BSc (Biological Sciences), MS (Biochemistry and Cellular Biology), MS (Epidemiology), PhD (Epidemiology & Genetics)

Experience:

Over 30 years in biomedical research

Writer Categories:

Clinical Trials.  Consumer Education.  Editor.  Patient Information.  Writer.  Grant Writing.  Manuscript Preparation.  Systematic Reviews & Meta-analysis.  Proofreading.  Blogs. 

Specialty Topics:

Cancer.  Cardiology.  Epidemiology.  Genetics.  Medical Devices.  Oncology.  Public Health.  Rare Diseases.  Women's Health.  Evidence-based Medicine.  Statistics.  Genomics.  Biology.  Population Health.  Anaemia.  Biomedical Science. 

Contact Details:

sharon@sugarapple.net.au
 https://www.sugarapple.net.au/

Profile Shot: Sharon Johnatty

Sharon Johnatty

Back to Directory Back to Directory

Member Spotlight - Michael Molloy-Bland

Michael gained his PhD at Otago University and then secured a postdoctoral research position at the University of Oxford. He is currently working as Scientific Director in the Melbourne office of Oxford PharmaGenesis, working remotely from New Zealand. His role mainly involves overseeing strategy and content development for scientific publications across several client accounts.
He shares more about his journey, and some very wise insights and words of advice, on our Member Spotlight page.

Read more Read more