MEMBERS AREA MEMBERS AREA

About Me

I'm an SEO copywriter with a degree in biological science. Before writing, I was a science teacher for 15 years. So, I know how to write about health in a way that's engaging and easy to understand. I've written for NSW Health, UNSW Science and Kidspot, among other publications. My clients include news outlets, insurance groups, vitamin companies and universities. I write SEO friendly websites and long-form articles, newsletters, publications and blogs.

All of my work adheres to AHPRA guidelines and my research is referenced, from peer-reviewed journal articles.

Qualifications:

Ba Biology, Grad Cert Science Education

Experience:

15 years of science teaching, copywriting since 2018

Writer Categories:

Consumer Education.  Promotion/marketing.  Writer.  Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).  Blogs.  Website Copywriting. 

Specialty Topics:

Diabetes.  Epidemiology.  Genetics.  Healthy Aging.  Men's Health.  Mental Health.  Pregnancy.  Women's Health.  Psychology.  Health Science.  Biology.  Maternal & Child Health.  Chemistry. 

Contact Details:

melissa@melissagerke.com
 0418 621 482
 http://www.melissagerke.com

Profile Shot: Melissa Gerke

Melissa Gerke

Back to Directory Back to Directory

AMWA Early Career Award - WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT!

It gives us great pleasure to announce that the winner of the 2024 AMWA Early Career Award is Alexa Arganda. Her article entitled "Mind over matter? Exploring the impact of childhood trauma on the developing brain" stood out to this year’s judges for its insightful overview of a complex and sensitive topic.

We hope you’ll join us in congratulating her and look forward to seeing what her future career will bring.

Read Alexa's winning article here.

Read more Read more