MEMBERS AREA MEMBERS AREA

About Me

Melbourne, Australia
A bridge between Australia and China in Clinical Research | Business Development and Clinical Project Management | Problem Solving and Risk Management | Extensive Professional Network in China

Is your pharma, biotech or nutrition business expanding to bilingual Chinese medical communications?

Are you excited about this opportunity, but also unsure of how to meet Chinese clients' needs?

Is this the case: no one in your company speaks Mandarin, let alone English Chinese medical communications?

Would you like to bring value to your Chinese clients and in turn increase your revenue?

If so…

I can assist you with bilingual Chinese scientific project management, business development targeting Chinese sponsors, as well as medical translation between English and Chinese.

Hi! This is Amanda and I am a bridge between Australia and China in clinical research. Having an extensive professional network in China, I help Australian CROs develop strong relationships with as well as carry out clinical trials for Chinese biotech companies/sponsors. I have a wealth of experience in planning and managing end-to-end international clinical projects from commencement to completion, ensuring they are delivered on time and on budget.

Medical translations are managed through my business Acurit, where I engage subcontractors, who are native speakers of English or Chinese with subject matter expertise on documents in life sciences. We deliver on time every time, and always have supreme and proactive communications.

Not only am I a native Mandarin Chinese speaker, but I also have a deep understanding of cultural protocols. I can effectively communicate crucial information in a professional medical context. Coupled with my scientific background, these attributes guarantee identifying and securing new business opportunities, as well as seamless communication and project success. When working with me, you have the ease of communicating with someone living in a Western country. Further, I interact with Chinese clients easily knowing the ins and outs of the healthcare system there.

With over 15 years of career history in the pharmaceutical and nutrition industry across China and Australia, and a PhD in Biochemistry in the US, my experience covers broad therapeutic areas such as paediatrics, gastroenterology, metabolic disorders, and neurology.

I love to help clients succeed. Clients and colleagues are always impressed by my reliability, trustworthiness, and work ethic, which are crucial qualities in a sector focusing on human health.

👉👉👉Email me and I'd be happy to schedule a free 20-minute discovery call.

Keywords: Chinese, China, Mandarin, clinical trial, clinical research, clinical project management, international business development, medical translation, medical translator, pharma, biotech, healthtech, medtech, medical device, nutrition

Melbourne, Australia

Qualifications:

PhD, CMPP, MS, MA, BPharm

Experience:

-Founder and Director, Acurit Medical Communications, 2017-
-Eight years of scientific and managerial experience in Medical and Clinical Affairs in China (Senior Medical Affairs Manager, Pfizer Consumer Healthcare Asia Pacific; Science Communications Lead, Biostime, now part of H&H Group, the parent company of Swisse Wellness)
-Have studied and worked in Australia, the U.S., Europe and China. Have a deep understanding of different cultures and businesses
-Fully Chinese-English bilingual. Native writer of Simplified Chinese; native speaker of Chinese Mandarin

Writer Categories:

Specialty Topics:

Contact Details:

amanda.mao@acuritmedcomms.com

Profile Shot: Amanda Xiaoqing Mao

Amanda Xiaoqing Mao

Back to Directory Back to Directory

AMWA Health Literacy

October is Health Literacy month! Check out the blog by AMWA Executive Committee member, Sophia Auld.

Read more Read more