Why you need a specialist medical writer to write your health or medical blog
Last year I (Sarah McKay) attended a seminar on blogging, website content creation and online marketing … this blog post summarises some of what I learnt.
Blogging is the single best way to attract new visitors to your website
In order to get found by the right customers you need to create educational, evidence-based health and medical content that speaks to them and answers their questions.
How often should you blog to attract visitors to your health or medical website?
A 2012 study by Hubspot showed:
- Blogs are a key component for content marketing strategies that are designed to attract visitors who can be educated and converted.
- B2B companies that blog 1-2 times per month generate 70% more leads than those that don’t blog.
- Companies that increase the number of blog posts from 3-5 per month to 6-8 nearly double their monthly lead count!
- Companies with 101-200 website pages generate 2.5x more leads than those with 50 or fewer.
It’s not just about quantity, it is about providing quality content
Producing quality medical or health content for your blog or website is a challenge! Not many businesses have the time or people resources to produce simple, evidence-based health or medical stories to be posted once or twice a week.
Who provides medical website copywriting services?
A professional medical writer provides:
- Quality content based on evidence
- Educational blog posts crafted to speak to your particular customer and their needs
- Unique, entertaining and informative evidence-based stories created from statistics and data
- A scientific mind trained in the art of writing and communcations
How can AMWA help?
We can create targeted content that answers your customer’s health and medical questions. AMWA writers specialise in producing impeccably-researched evidence-based writing.
If you want to use a medical writer please check out our freelance writers list – Find a Writer – to find the perfect match to write or edit your medical or health blog.
Malvern Networking Event
AMWA member, Marissa Philpott is hosting a networking event on October 25. Come and join her, and other health communicators, for a relaxed and informal evening in Malvern. Everyone is welcome!