Announcing an event for Editors of health and medical journals
- Host: AHMEN (Australasian Health and Medical journal Editors’ Network) and ANDS (Australian National Data Service)
- When: Monday 19 June 2017, 10-4.30 pm
- Where: Woolcock institute, 431 Glebe Point Road, Sydney
- Reporting guidelines for health data in journal articles (Paul Glasziou, EQUATOR Network)
- COPE session: cases of fabrication and falsification of data in journal articles, managing retractions (Ginny Barbour)
- Common statistical errors in in medical papers (Petra Graham, Macquarie University)
- Panel discussion: Starving the trolls – practical approaches for journal editors
- ANDS–AHMEN: roundtable discussion on data publishing – data management and sharing, sensitive data, data policies, funders
Morning and afternoon tea and lunch will be provided.
This event is free but numbers are strictly limited.
If you would like to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your spot.
I would encourage you to join or renew your AMWA membership, although for this event membership is not mandatory.
AHMEN is a subgroup of AMWA set up to promote excellence in the scholarly publication of journals in the Australasian region.
It provides a community where members can keep up to date with the latest trends and innovations, network with peers and participate in continuing professional development. The subgroup welcomes current (and past) journal Editors and others that work at, or with, health and medical journals, such as journal publishers, editorial managers.
You must be a member of AMWA to join this group.
In discussion with Dr Ben Bravery - 9 February 2023 in Sydney
You are invited to hear from Dr Ben Bravery, the author of 'The Patient Doctor', on Thursday 9 February 2023 from 6pm - 8pm. This event is
hosted by the Australasian Medical Writers' Association and is open to all.
Ben will be talking about his experience as a cancer patient, and how this has impacted how he now interacts with the healthcare system as a
doctor. Ben is a strong advocate for putting the patient at the heart of healthcare. This event will also be an opportunity to network and
socialise with medical writers.