AMWA digital content and marketing assistant (virtual role)
The Australasian Medical Writers Association (AMWA) is looking for a dynamic part-time assistant to help us with administrative and marketing duties.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and proactive professional who can hit the ground running and help us increase our profile.
We are the peak body for promoting excellence in health and medical communications in Australia and New Zealand through conferences, professional development, networking and mentoring.
This part-time role requires approximately 20 hours per month. Duties will include:
- Assist in creation of email and digital newsletters
- Maintain AMWA’s social media accounts
- Manage content of the AMWA website: generate new content, write news stories and ensure all webpages are up-to-date
- Promote membership of AMWA
- Take minutes of teleconferences
- Perform other administrative and marketing duties as required
You’ll work closely with the AMWA Executive Committee and volunteers, reporting to the AMWA Executive Committee, and will be required to attend one teleconference each month.
Skills and experience
- Strong writing skills, including writing for the web and for social media platforms
- Excellent organisational skills, with the proven ability to juggle multiple tasks, events, and priorities effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Tech savvy
- Skilled in using social media
- Experience in using WordPress and MailChimp is an advantage
- Experience in marketing and/or medical communications is an advantage
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com before Friday 30 October 2018
Member Spotlight - Michael Molloy-Bland
Michael gained his PhD at Otago University and then secured a postdoctoral research position at the University of Oxford. He is
currently working as Scientific Director in the Melbourne office of Oxford PharmaGenesis, working remotely from New Zealand. His role
mainly involves overseeing strategy and content development for scientific publications across several client accounts.
He shares more about his journey, and some very wise insights and words of advice, on our Member Spotlight page.