AMWA is featuring its members in a regular post called ‘Spotlight on AMWA members’. The post is a short introduction and Q&A session on one of our members.
Spotlight on Louise Wood
This month we are featuring Louise Wood. Based in Auckland, New Zealand, Louise is an experienced medical writer and Optometrist. We asked Louise a few questions about medical writing and her experiences of it. Below is what she said.
1. Why did you become a medical writer?
Because I enjoy the challenge of researching and writing technically accurate and interesting material.
2. What do you specialise in?
Medical writing and communications, patient education, news articles, blogs, press releases.
3. What are some of the challenges that you have experienced as a medical writer and how do you manage these challenges?
The sporadic nature of the work: I set aside time each week to market myself, so I have more work coming in for the next month.
4. What is one of your career achievements as a medical writer and how does this influence your career?
Working with international companies (from my home) has really grown my business.
5. Do you have some links to your work?
For more information and to get in touch with Louise, you can view her AMWA business directory listing here.
If you are an AMWA member and would like to take part in our ‘Spotlight on AMWA members’ page, please fill out the form here.