Webinar: Structured Writing – Monday, September 18
Details at a glance
- Time: Monday, September 18, 12pm-1pm
- Presenter: Vivienne Begg
- Details: Structured writing is a research-based approach to writing which ensures that it’s easy for readers to find, understand and use the information they need. It can be used for all sorts of business and technical writing and is particularly effective for documentation such as policies and procedures.
- Registration: Click here to register and reserve your place.
What is Structured Writing and how can it help you?
Structured writing is a research-based writing approach that provides writers with a set of tools to use so that they can create effective, consistent documents that are easy for readers to understand and use.
In this interactive webinar, Vivienne will:
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of the structured writing approach
- Present the research background to structured writing
- Demonstrate the components of the structured writing approach
- Principles that underpin the approach
- Topic based writing
- Classification of information, based on its purpose
- Discuss application to different types of documents
About Vivienne Begg
Vivienne has over 20 years’ experience teaching structured writing for a wide variety of private and public sector clients in Australia, as well as New Zealand, Hong Kong, and Malaysia.
In addition to her training assignments, Vivienne works with clients to apply structured writing in a variety of contexts. These include writing Standard Operating Procedures for pharmaceutical companies, and coaching their internal writers, developing procedural documentation for a bank intranet, writing product information for a website, and creating HR policies for a start-up company.
Her writing experience also extends to writing medical news stories, customer service newsletters, and training materials. She also provides coaching and editing services.