MEMBERS AREA

About Me

Edinburgh, UK
I live in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK) and have worked as a freelance medical writer for 4 years. My speciality areas include, but are not limited to, Parkinson's disease, cardiology, and psychiatry. I have worked extensively on symposia reviews, review manuscripts, and CME video scripting and slide decks. Recently, I've branched into Advisory Board work and the development of online courses and teaching materials for healthcare professionals. Give me a call or email me if you would like to discuss any projects. I have a small team of experienced medical writers which is growing steadily, so you are always assured of receiving the best person for the job in hand. I work with clients across the world in Australia, America, the UK and Europe, and am a member of all 3 medical writers associations (Australasia, Europe and the US). I hold a voluntary position with the European Medical Writers Association (EMWA) as Assistant Web Manager, and until recently, served for 3 years on the EMWA Freelancer Business Committee.

Edinburgh, UK

Qualifications:

PhD Chemistry, University of Edinburgh, UK

Experience:

4 years as a freelance medical writer and over 10 years experience in academia.

Writer Categories:

Consumer Education.  Grant Writing.  Health Professional Education.  Patient Information.  Pharmaceutical.  Writer. 

Specialty Topics:

Cardiology.  HIV.  Immunology.  Medical Cannabis.  Neurology.  Oncology.  Psychiatry.  Psychology.  Public Health.  Rare Diseases. 

Contact Details:

a.kirsop@scientific-writers.com
 +44 7896326635

Profile Shot: Allison Kirsop

Allison Kirsop

Back to Directory

AMWA 2020 – Medical Writing and Communication During the COVID-19 Crisis

For those who attended the AMWA 2020 Special Virtual Event: 'Medical Writing and Communication During the COVID-19 Crisis' on Thursday 19 November, we are sure you would agree that it was an invaluable two hours. The calibre of speakers and their learnings from this unprecedented crisis were beyond our expectations. We are humbled by their willingness to give their personal time to share their experience with us. 

If you missed the live event, a recording will be made available to AMWA members in the Members Area shortly. If you are not yet an AMWA member, but would like to join, you can visit our membership and benefits page here. Annual membership is $80 for full members and $40 for students.

Read more