• editing and proofreading
• building and uploading web content
• preparing manuscripts for typesetting, web or multimedia development
• creating design briefs, commenting on designs and crosschecking layout corrections
• checking printers’ proofs and web content
• other related editorial duties (some consumer writing, reference checking etc).
I have worked as a managing editor in a medical education agency and have 20 years’ experience in project-managing and editing publications and projects of different types in Australia, New Zealand and the UK. My experience covers diverse medical specialties and projects aimed at differing audiences from patients, nurses and pharmacists through to GPs, specialists and drug regulators.
Types of projects I have been involved in include:
• journals, newsletters, patient magazines and brochures
• website copy and online modules
• educational programs and training kits
• scientific posters and clinical presentations for a variety of symposia
• conference abstract books and brochures
• company, meeting and trial reports
• clinical protocols and materials for clinical audits and questionnaires
• internal company magazines and diverse marketing materials.