- AMWA PDP Webinar: Friday 8 November, 12-1pm (AEST)
- Sydney End of Year networking event: Thursday 14 November, 6-8pm
- Melbourne End of Year networking event: Thursday 21 November, 6-8pm
AMWA PDP Webinar – Friday 8 November, 12pm (AEST)
Time-saving strategies for reading, writing, editing and reviewing original research papers
With Professor Amanda Salis NHMRC Senior Research Fellow, University of Sydney’s Boden Collaboration for Obesity, Nutrition, Exercise & Eating Disorders
Currently, Amanda leads full-time research into dietary treatments for overweight and obesity at the University of Sydney. Specifically, her randomised controlled trials compare long-term effects of fast versus slow weight loss – using intermittent versus continuous energy restriction. She is the author of two books about adult weight management that are available internationally in three languages. She also takes an active role in fostering high quality research, through both her ranking by Publons.com (ranked among the world’s top 1% of peer reviewers) and her role in training and mentoring emerging researchers through the Salis Institute.
About the PDP webinar:
Accurate appraisal of research is a major aspect of medical writing, but how do you balance this against tight deadlines? The time-saving ideas outlined in this webinar will help you to provide fair assessment of research, while also keeping your projects moving forwards in a timely way.
Register now to hear from Professor Amanda Salis in this not-to-be missed one hour webinar on Friday 8 November, 12pm (AEST).
Sydney & Melbourne end-of-year networking events
We warmly invite you to join us and other AMWA members at our end-of-year networking events:
- Sydney: Thursday 14 November, 6-8pm (location TBC) , please RSVP Libby at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melbourne: Thursday 21 November, 6-8pm (location TBC), please RSVP Emma at email@example.com