Benefits of membership
- A way to keep informed with developments and activities in the medical writing arena through the AMWA website and regular e-mail newsletters.
- Opportunities for networking and contact with peers through the annual conference and state-based events.
- The AMWA Award is presented at the annual conference to a member for a special project or educational purposes.
- Job opportunities via the freelance list on the AMWA web site.
- The Professional Development Program, designed specifically for our members.
Who can join?
Membership is open to anyone interested in biomedical communications, and there are two categories of membership:
Ordinary members have voting rights and include medical writers, journalists and editors working for general and specialist media and not-for-profit organisations.
Medical writers who work in public relations or for commercial organisations promoting products and services can apply for affiliate membership. This includes all the benefits of membership except for voting rights. Affiliate rates also apply to full-time students and people who are unemployed or on maternity leave.
Affiliate membership also applies to those who support the aims of AMWA but have not yet been published in the media.
Please note: the writings of the members are not necessarily the beliefs of the group and AMWA assumes no responsibility for their outcomes.
If you are unsure into which category of membership to apply for, contact the secretary who will be happy to discuss this with you.