Benefits of membership
Listing on Freelance list on website; access to mentoring; joining the AMWA forum on Facebook; membership discounts to conference, workshops and other events; AMWA newsletter and AMWA email broadcasts, and; eligibility to apply for the AMWA award.
Annual membership subscription: $80 pa.
Membership discount to conference, workshops and other events; AMWA newsletter; AMWA email broadcasts
Annual membership subscription: $60 pa.
Why join AMWA?
• To keep informed with developments and activities in the medical writing arena through the AMWA website and regular e-mail newsletters.
• Opportunities for networking and contact with peers through the annual conference and state-based events.
• The AMWA Award is presented at the annual conference to a member for a special project or educational purposes.
• Job opportunities via the freelance list on the AMWA website.
• The Professional Development Program, designed specifically for our members.
Please note: the writings of members are not necessarily the beliefs of the group and AMWA assumes no responsibility for opinions expressed or any resultant outcome.
Who can join?
Membership is open to anyone interested in biomedical communications, and there are two categories of membership:
Types of writing
• Medical editor
• Medical writer
• Academic writer/researcher
• Technical or regulatory writer
• Writer for a health peak body
Medical writers who work in public relations or for commercial organisations promoting products and services can apply for affiliate membership. Affiliate members have limited benefits of membership. Affiliate membership is also available as an option for full-time students and people who are unemployed or on maternity leave and do not want the full benefits of membership.
- Be listed as a freelancer on the AMWA website (.doc)
- AMWA Executive Committee Nomination Form
- New member application form
If you are unsure into which category of membership to apply for, contact the secretary who will be happy to discuss this with you.