News & events
View the latest news for AMWA members. View older news items in our News Archive.
- 7 Feb 2012: Free workshop with world leaders in healthcare on May 7 (Gold Coast) - Bond University is offering a small number of Australian journalists the chance to learn more about the "evidence based" approach within medicine, and pick up story ideas from internationally respected healthcare academics, including Professor Paul Glasziou, Professor Chris Del Mar and Associate Professor Tammy Hoffman.
- 23 Dec 2012: AMWA mourns the loss of health economist Professor Gavin Mooney - Read the President's tribute to the late health economist, Professor Gavin Mooney.
- 21 Dec 2012: ASC Science Writing Retreat - ASC members may be interested in this week-long retreat in Clunes for people interested and involved in science writing.
- 4 Dec 2012: Victorian event on 11 December - The Victorian branches of AMWA and the Australian Science Communicators are joining forces to celebrate this festive season!
- 29 Nov 2012: AMWA 30th Annual Conference 2013 - Our 30th Annual Conference will be held 23-24 August 2013 in Melbourne.
- 22 Oct 2012: Lung Cancer Writing Masterclass in Brisbane
- 11 Sep 2012: 2012 AMWA Conference Wrap
Conferences and other events for members.
- 30th Annual Conference - The 30th Annual Conference will be held 23-24 August 2013 in Melbourne. More details to follow.
- 2013 Medical Conferences - AMWA has compiled a list of medical conferences to be held in Australia and NZ in 2013 which may interest members
View details of past AMWA conferences.
- 29th Annual Conference
- 28th annual conference
- 27th annual conference
- 26th annual conference
- 25th anniversary conference
- Professional Development Day
- 24th annual conference 2007
- 23rd annual conference 2006
- 22nd annual conference
We send regular newsletters to all members. This includes reports from the Executive meetings, profiles of our members, details of useful websites and conferences.